With a little help from PlanetCancer, Chemochicks, and personal experiences....
Excuse me? yeah... people have ACTUALLY said:
2. You should try (raw food diet, vegan diet, insert crazy diet here)
3. Its Hodgkins? Like they always say, if you HAVE to get cancer... this would be the one i'd choose.
4. Nice haircut (thanks, its chemo hair) my friend had cancer, he didnt lose his hair (obviously he didnt get the good stuff)
5. Now you can lose those extra pounds!
6. You should try my (acupuncturist, chiropractor, insert holistic alternative treatment here)
7. You look good for having cancer! (thanks?)
8. Well didnt you keep with your regular check ups? - uh.. are you seriously blaming the victim here?
9. Maybe it was all the (drinking, smoking, fast food, insert bad habit here)
10. Excuse me sir, you're in the ladies room. (yeah. bad)
11. Did you know, when a dog has chemo it doesnt lose its hair?
12. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... It seems like everyday that someone tells us about how they know someone who knows someone who has cancer, or is going through some treatment for something. To us, it doesn't sound like an interesting tidbit of news, but more like "oh, this random cancer fact reminded me of you."
But dont feel bad friends. We all have brain farts, we all say stupid things and later feel like a TARD for doing so.. No worries.. I had fun laughing at you behind your back with my other cnacer friends. So we can all put it behind us. You feel bad, I laugh about it.
It's been 10 years!
4 months ago