Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No, I will not glow in the dark

Seems almost unreal that the hard part is about over.  Feeling sick for a week, than feeling like myself for a week.   Off and on.  For 6 months can get strangely familiar and routine.  Luckily, I have been able to request my favorite nurse for the big day, and on that last day they sing "hit the road jack, and dont you come back" -- I sure as hell will be thrilled to never see that room again.  (all the old people stare at me, and I associate that room with my disease) (now that I no longer have the disease....)

Anyways, just had the lovely poison cocktail yesterday. Seemed like it took forever this time around.  About 4 hours to be specific. (probably because I didnt have my favorite nurse, the other ones call me Katherine. eh.)  Didnt feel toooo bad when I got home, took a good nap woke up to eat, than went back to bed.  I have to keep my distance from Cody to avoid picking up the virus hes gotten.  Hopefully he fights it off soon... gets lonely, not being able to hug him.  Paranoia sets in quickly after I even sit next to him on the couch.  I've been lysol-ing EVERYTHING.  Luckily my immune systems starts to come back by Friday.  So I'll hope for Friday at the latest.

Next it radiation.  I got the go ahead from Dr. Rad to start 4 weeks after my last chemo.
Specifically he will radiate acrost my shoulders for 17 days, and down my sernum for about 11 days.  Very low dose - no I will not be radioactive or glow in the dark.

I most look forward to my poor whithering eyebrows filling in... and my god awful boy short hair coming back to girls length. and VACATION.  This all starts coming to me in about 1.5 months.

Thank you all for your continued support! We'll have a small get together to celebrate my being done with chemo mid-late FEB.  So keep your weekends flexible!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl - haven't read your post in a few wks - just read the last two. If you need more bands to sign the guitar - I'll call my buddy Mike and see if Less Than Under (LTU) will sign it. I'm like Mike's little sis so I know they'll be more than happy to do it. Let me know and I'll get ahold of him!

    ReplyDelete