Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The support system

I've been reading a lot lately about people whose support system, dissappears.  Its sad, because those of us who are going through the worst of the worst, need our family and friends more than ever.  I've been blessed with having a really close family.  Not once did I go to chemotherapy alone.  Not one day afterwards went without at least a phone call.  Its so hard to hear about peoples parents avoiding their phone calls.  Friends being ignorant.  The people closest to you backing away as you fight for your life.. its so wrong.  It makes me sad.

So this post is deticated to my support system.  I would not have gone through all of this, avoiding complications, avoiding the downward spiral of depression... without YOU.  Wish I could throw a party in honor of YOU.  Because YOU are a big, big part of the cancer fighting process.  and YOU deserve a frickin medal or something.
Cody
Sarah & Chris
Dad
Mom
Bobby
Angry Panda

Roxy
Marley

P.S. Pets ARE a huge part of your support system.
P.S.S. I also found many many great people on Planet Cancer.  No better brain to pick than a fellow young adult cancer survivor.

1 comment:

  1. Love the inclusion of Roxy and Marley! My cat Tallulah gets me through EVERYTHING!

    I see you've found Planet Cancer. Awesome! Please check out our site some day if you're seeking additional young adult support!

    www.ulmanfund.org

    Thanks.

    Sarah Wainio
    Volunteer Coordinator, AmeriCorps
    The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults

    ReplyDelete