Friday, March 26, 2010

and another set of side effects begins...

And I thought I was going to get off scott-free.  Seems like I have the tendency to speak too soon about these things. 

My sore throat started a couple days ago as just a "frog in your throat" feeling.  The feeling that you've swallowed something, but it just doesnt want to go down.  Last night, after making burgers for dinner.... my god, I will not be eating ground beef through the remainder of my radiation course.  Talk about tough to swallow.
Luckily, there is only 1 week left of radiation treatments.  Knowing my usual anticipation of things to come, it will go by slowly, but surely!  I'd like to avoid "ensure" or "slimfast" meals 3 - 4 times a day if I can.  But I have a feeling there will be many milkshakes, mashed potatoes, and strawberries and cream ensure here and there to help with my apetite.  Even though its all loaded with sugar.   :)

I'd rather have a sore throat, than go through chemotherapy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment