Friday, October 9, 2009

Begin Cycle 2

Wasnt so much a happy camper this time around.  It was my first visit with my Oncologist since starting treatment.  She came in, checked out my lymph nodes (neck, under arms, etc..)  and said "i'll be right back, I have to check on something"  as she left the room.   No "lookin good!" or "i'm seeing progress!"  just a be right back.

Naturally I start to panic, pacing in the exam room.  Wondering WTF.  She kept me in there for a good 20min before coming back with my mom and sister.  Nothings wrong, no need to panic, just went to get your family from the waiting room.  Here I am sweating bullets, on the verge of crying.  NOT FUNNY.

But good news is, chemo is working!  swelling of my lymph nodes have noticablly decreased.  Few questions I have for my favorite onc..
-Yes the hair loss will get worse
-Yes you will most likely need radiation (short term though)
-Yes you are going through menopause, temporarily, only during treatment.  Which explains the emotional spells, and hot flashes.

So all in all,  got both good and bad news.  I was praying the hair loss wouldnt get worse, but woke up with a pillow of hair on my pillow.  Oh well,  I'm slowly but surely coming to terms with it.  IT WILL GROW BACK.  And the treatment is working.  Thats ALL I NEEDED TO KNOW to lower stress levels and kick this hodgkins lymphoma ASS.

Maybe i'll go brunette, Cody likes brunette.  Or maybe pink?  Might as well have fun with it. 

I'll post pics when I decide to shave it all, and invest into some crazy wigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment