Wednesday, November 11, 2009

She's always running from something

Every horrible horrible thing, has a silver lining.

I've taken the ENDLESS amount of time I have with my own thoughts, to think about what this experience will change.  For the better, or worse.

I'm done letting work slip by.  Settling for $200 paychecks.  Being the first to volunteer to go home early.  In order to have the finer things in life, I need to do more.  Make a difference.  Find my place in society.  Most cancer patients/survivors seem to be leaning towards being advocates, starting non-profits and raising awareness.  Not for me.  But i'm confident I will find my calling, as it often takes a close brush with death to realize what we're put on this earth for. 

I know my purpose is to make people happy, i've been doing it all my life.  Even putting others happiness before my own.  I will find an opportunity to encorperate that into a successful career, but never again put someone elses oxygen mask on before my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment