Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gotta love him! More water please!

Brown fat?  Why must you mimic the sign of cancer in a PET scan?  Seriously, folks...  This "brown fat" makes it look like I have cancer mania in my neck area.  I'll post pictures soon.  But confirmed in my appointment with the Doc that there is little, to NO sign of maligncy in my lymph nodes.

Radiation is likely.  I'll here From Dr Rad anytime now.  Short term and low dose radiation.  My new insurance policy that greatly decreases my chances of relapse. 

Just had treatment today, and this all is starting to seem so... second nature. Like....Routine.  Every two weeks,  its the same deal.

Monday - Bloodwork before noon.  Lab lady likes to stick the needle straight through the same vein while she talks to me about chemo.  Apartment cleaning frenzy, now with a boat load of laundry.

Tuesday - Infusion Day (I hate the word chemo) Takes anywhere from 3 to 5 hours depending if I see Doc or not.  Home at last and drained, I choke down 2 glasses of water with some ambien, and i'm off to bed.

Wednesday - Things start to tumble down.  Stomach starts to churn.  Its manageable with the anti nasueadrugs, but still drained and feel sickly.

Thursday - A bogus day.  I found iviting people over to my "lair" keeps my mind off the bunk side effects of chemotherapy.  Unlikely i'll eat much, the tastebuds are in a funk.  Just sleep, take a bath, wedding shows, fall asleep to greys anatomy and wake up to Cody finally home.  Chicken Pot Pie and a liter of water later, back to ambien and bed. 

*Cody gets this time to play some of the new xbox games he got, and still constantly ask me if I need anything.  Gotta love him!  More water please!

Friday - The turning point.  I finally feel better, more energy... to clean the apartment again.  Almost a week of riding the couch wave and drugging myself to less than normalcy has done a number on the kitchen, living room, and laundry hamper. Weak, but keeps me productive and gives that sense of accomplishment.

Saturday - I always seem to wake up to my tongue swelling.  Like little teeth marks on the sides of my tongue.  Ibprofen, and popsicles seems to help.  Mouth sores would be much worse... But today is good.  Normal almost.  Able to have a beer and take roxy out for a good long walk.

Sunday - Swelling goes down, I can eat a full meal again - and being back to myself does wonders for the soul. ;)


Anyways,  its a general idea of treatment week for me.  Luckily at this point I only have 3 of them left to endure.  Holidays were great cause they went by quick and pain free.  Couldnt be happier with the way things are going.

It will be February 9 before I know it.   --   9 down 3 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment