Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Round 4 = History

With my 4 bag of creamsavers in tow, I was able to get through the end of cycle without a hitch.  (Except I got a nurse I didnt know, and they poked me twice to find a good vein).  Dad went with me, and is a fantastic chemo-company.  California Turkey Wraps, Dr Pepper, Star Magazine (Lots about Tiger Woods).  It seemed like forever before they could get me out of there though..  Like a bad server, our nurse was in the weeds with 4-5 patients.

This was also the day I was anticipating my PET scan results.  I havent gotten a scan to show progress, only the initial scan before I began treatment in September.  It is now the next day, I called Doctor and i'm anxiously awaiting a return call.  Complete Remission here I come!

On another light note, last treatment as explained was quite miserable.  I came home feeling like crap, and spent the next two days feeling even worse.  Had a mini-emotional break down (with dads help, got through the last 30min for Cody to get home) and was on a strict chicken broth diet.  I didnt dare to eat anything else.  This time around?  Not so bad!  Came home yesterday a little drained, but was able to eat ok.  Woke up this morning feeling icky as usual, but able to eat and drink plenty of aqua.  I think it might be the anticipation of the end of treatment to come!  I hear this is about the point where most chemo patients notice their hair growing back and the treatments getting a little easier to handle.  So lucky me!

I would post another picture, but the giant bags under my eyes and no color in my face would send the kiddies running for the hills. 

I'll post again when I get the call about the PET scan.  Lets pray the results are what I think they're going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment