Friday, December 4, 2009

Waiting for the turning point?

I will never again under-estimate the time it takes for my body to bounce back.  Everytime I get the usual treatment for this so called cancer, I constantly tell myself I will feel better by thursday.  Treatment on Tuesday, better by Thursday.  Yeah, a frickin stretch..

I seem to feel ok in the mornings.  Chow down some grub.   Yeah, grub.  Get some paper and make myself a little to do list, but try not to over-do it.  Over-exerting myself is the worst feeling ever.  Before I know it, my head is foggy, my stomach starts to turn on me and I find myself trying to "choke" down water.  WATER!!  I maybe had a piece of toast, and oatmeal to eat yesterday.  But the worst part, is being left alone with my thoughts.  I'm usually super positive.  "It will pass"  But yesterday I had a mini-breakdown.  Feeling like shit, not being able to consume anything ALL DAY, and going through it all alone... really starts to take its toll. --- The point is, every Thursday I find myself waiting for the turning point.  I need to come to terms with the fact that it NEVER COMES ON THURSDAY.  Just impatiently waiting to feel better over-exerts my body, and in turn I end up making myself feel even worse.

This damn chemotherapy is both friend and foe.  Both saving my life, and making it more difficult.  Cant be in large crowds.  Cant be around anyone with so much as a cough.  Cant do so much as laundry until the weekend following treatment.  My digestion?  You dont even want me to go there... but lets just say, it aint right. I could go on and on with complaints about the lowsy side effects...  but i'm not going to.  I'd rather get up off the couch (finally!) and find something that tastes good. 

Popsicle maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Well the next time you feel alone and everyone else is at work, give me a call! Fox and I will keep you company! :-) Oh I like your mohawk - glad to see you put some pics up of your hair - it looks awesome!

    Love ya ~ Liz, Chris and Fox

    ReplyDelete