Monday, February 15, 2010

And the feeling good part starts...... NOW

After the tongue swelling went down (Happy Valentines Day!) I officially declared myself in recovery.  Thats right,  not AFTER radiation but AFTER chemo.  Thats when my body can start to repair itself from the 12 chemical cocktails.

Funny how the body reacts to the way you think.  After treatment 11 and before treatment 12, I started walking and stretching daily.  Started looking at wedding stuff again.  Started the recovery process before I even had my last treatment, and let me tell you.... it has done wonders.  Specifically:

Hair starting to look not so GOD AWFUL. (but thankful I didnt lose it all)
Eyebrows coming back.
Skin not so dry and rough and "ek"
Steroid weight going down (slowly but surely)
More energy!
More quality time with Cody
Better things to do than Laundry
Dont mind missing my favorite shows for some human interaction.
Football is over - means more time AWAY from the TV.
Only a matter of time before going back to work.


I still wont hug you though...  I think I will forever be a germaphobe.

Unfortunately - My nails have seen better days.  Our month of Super Mario Bros Wii has taken its toll on my thumb nails, and now the right thumb nail seems to want to part ways.  Gross.

Well, off to get my lungs checked.  Lets hope the B didnt cause any permanent damage.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the PFT. I just had one today. 3rd this year! They're getting to be routine.

    ReplyDelete