Thursday, February 25, 2010

Laziness is not on my schedule.

So i've slacked a bit on updating my blog, but its in good reason I guarantee you!  You see, I would have gotten chemo this past Tuesday... but no.  I have finally gotten a week with no poking, prodding, chemicals, or feeling bad for myself.  So I took advantage and have spent my time doing shit.  Let me tell you, it is AWESOME.  In a week i've managed to find my wedding venue, set a date, workout everyday, work on sarahs baby shower, do laundry, clean house, walk dog, hang with Katy, celebrate remission, THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE.  These are all things I was unable to do, or had an extremely difficult time doing for the past 6 months.

Granted, its not all over.  I do start the radiation part of the grand scheme of things in a few short weeks.  I will be taking risks, dealing with fatigue,a "sunburn", some heartburn and a sore throat....but its still not chemo.  I can still try and get on with my life. 

The hard part is over, and i'm taking advantage.

"Its often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive"

2 comments:

  1. That is great, Katie! You are almost done with this stuff. Have fun planning your wedding! That is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very inspiring stuff. write more often

    ReplyDelete