Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chemo NO MORE Therapy

The feelings are so overwhelming, as I repeatedly told friends and family that I would never wish this treatment on anyone... not even my worse enemy.  The feeling of accomplishment is very overwhelming and i'm sure it will be for a while. 
I still am VERY determined to hit the ground running... even if the running part requires a few weeks of walking first.

Yesterday, I completed my last treatment sans Bleomycin.  Turns out the tightness in my chest I had been mentioning for the last month finally struck SOMEBODY as a problem.  I now await a pulmonary funcion test to make sure I dont have bleomycin toxicity... which if proven true - I get back on my worst enemy.... Steriods.  The chest xray didnt show any signs of that, but we must cover all bases.

I cant wait for the celebration. 
Its FEB 20 everyone!  At Dirks off Dry Creek and University at 730 if anyone who reads this wants to come!
Bobby and Rick James' Bit&^

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news Katie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience! i'm a faithful reader. it gives me encouragement as my son goes thru treatment for hodgkins NS 4A. God bless!

    ReplyDelete