Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Update! From everyones favorite Katie.

Whew.  Just came back from Chemo2.  Or the END of cycle 1.
That makes 1 down, 5 to go!  Though the end is FAR from close....  its still in sight. ;)

This time around, I get to fully experience the effects of the treatment.  My first treatment was difficult, as I was going through withdraw of quitting smoking, so any effects I experience (dry mouth, sore jaw, headaches, heartburn, irritability) could be the chemo, could be nicotine withdraw.  But, i'm going over 2 weeks strong without a cigarette!  Not as hard as I thought.  Though under these circumstances, it makes it easier.   Damn C.  Wish it were pregnancy that made me quit.  Oh well.  Guess the Damn C has a silver lining in some aspects.

I feel ok today, got home and immediately wanted to take a nap.  Slept for a couple hours, helped bring back some energy.  UNFORTUNATELY, docky doc is concerned about my white blood cell count (guess I shouldnt have had those few beers while camping, but its camping! and I compensated with water and electrolytes the next day!).  Have to go in next week for another lab.  So i'm gonna veggie, water, and excercise it up this week to give my immune system a lil' nudge in the right direction.  Fingers crossed!

Cody and I decided to downgrade to a 1bedroom apartment, help cut back on expenses since i'm not working until this is all over.  The leasing office people are being so helpful.  Though we cant get out of our lease, they are waiving some big-time fees to get us to a smaller place, with less rent.  So we should be able to manage through the next 6months until i'm back on my feet.  Codys been doing better than ever through all of this.  He's my best supporter.  Even when he comes home, and i'm far from happy... he still manages, and keeps a smile on my face.  Me smiling keeps him smiling.  AND he came with me today!  He and SARAH came with me today. 

IF CODY, SARAH AND BOBBY COULD ALL COME EVERYTIME, I'D BE ON CLOUD 9.

My view of the treatment area...

And my view of Downtown Denver from the 12th floor of the hospital!  Nice.....

No comments:

Post a Comment